Hi! I’m Mercedes, a Spanish former lawyer and now a self taught photographer currently based in Zurich, Switzerland.
I’ve always liked photography, but it wasn’t until I moved to Sweden a few years ago that I started to love capturing things with my camera. When I moved to Stockholm, I started photographing everything that caught my attention with my mobile and sharing it with my family and friends in Spain. It wasn’t long until I felt that my mobile or my compact camera weren’t enough for me, that I wanted to learn more and be more creative. Some years later I moved to Dublin, Ireland, and I got my first DSLR camera, a small Canon EOS 1200d. With it I started to learn and explore the basics of photography and its different techniques and, at the same time, I developed a love for capturing all the beauty that surrounds me with my camera, specially in the cities where I live or visit, the wildlife, etc. Some time later, I found myself with thousands of photos in my computer and I started to feel the need of sharing them. That was the moment when I started writing a photography blog, as a means to share my work and my travels and to keep a record of my evolution as a photographer.
Now I enjoy photographing the outdoors, whether that’s here in Switzerland or around the world, and sharing it!
Thanks for taking the time to visit my web. I hope you enjoy my gallery and the adventures in my blog!! I am looking forward to seeing you here again!!
If you want to know a little more about me
- From Spain to Switzerland. An interview for Blogexpat.com
- Pretty Rambles. Photographer’s Chat Series. Interview by my friend and fellow photographer Blanca, aka @red_lullaby
Here are some of the places where my work has been published:
- Landscape Photography Magazine. Issue 118. December 2020.
- Lodestars Anthology Postcards: A Photo Book. July 2020.
- Swiss Heights. Photo gallery and article published in Loderstars Anthology’s Journal. June 2020.
- Greetings from Spain. Photo gallery in Lodestars Anthology. April 2020.
- Looking for the Glacier, Aletsch-Switzerland. February 10th, 2020. A photo story for Thin Air Guides.
- Landscape Photography Magazine. Issue 108. February 2020.
- Unpublished Switzerland: Playground, refuge and wonderland. Photo gallery in Lodestars Anthology. November 2019.
- Swiss Seasons. Photo gallery in Lodestars Anthology. November 2019.
- Photos of Entlebuch Alpabfarht Cow Parade. New in Zurich. October 4th, 2019.
- Lodestars Anthology. Issue 12: Switzerland. Printed magazine. September 2019.
- Winter Wonderland. Photo gallery in Lodestars Anthology. March 2019.
- The Travellers Blog. A day at a time. A day in the Swiss Alps exploring Lauterbrunnen.
- The Last Days of the Ice Giants by Mercedes Catalan. Stade Magazine. January 4th, 2019.
- Landscape Photography Magazine. Issue 70. December 2016.